- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only
infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons
(Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored,
- All mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original
sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.
- The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own
unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from
every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the
Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection
of His son, Jesus Christ.
- Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens, come to believe
in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, are born again,
become sons of God, and will persevere to the end.
- Justification is by faith and through it the undeserving
sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- The goal of God’s salvation in the life of the Christian
is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- At death the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the
presence of God and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally
separated from God unto condemnation.
- Baptism is a sign of God’s covenant and is properly
administered to children of believers in their infancy as well
as to those who come as adults to trust in Christ.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time
when He is not expected, to consummate history and the
eternal plan of God.
- The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ must be
published to all the world as a witness before
Jesus Christ returns.
Sermon Series: What do Presbyterians Believe?
by Pastor Robert E. Bell
1. Ephesians 1:3-12
“The Sovereign God” – 44 minutes
2. Ephesians 2:2-10
3. Galatians 3:7-16
4. 1 Peter 2:4-12
5. 1 Corinthians. 11:23-32
6. Acts 2:22-41