Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
A final update before we return home!
July 12, 2007
Wow! It’s hard to believe that it is already Thursday, and as I write this, we are preparing to go to the
Over the course of the past three days, the Lord has accomplished a great deal through our hands. There has been work done by a couple team members at the school located at the Bugambilias church. At the
On the health front, the Great Physician has restored the health of those who had been dealing with some issues – at the moment all team members are healthy and well – anxious to make a strong push on our last work day.
Tomorrow, our day off, will bring something new – a visit to a large waterfall north of the city of
- Pray for the team as we finish off our work portion of the trip – pray that we remain healthy, all the while working with fervor to finish the tasks.
- Pray for the safety of the team as we tour
and go shopping tomorrow. Guadalajara
- Pray for our travels on Saturday.
To this point, the trip has been a tremendous success. We look forward to completing the race set out before us over the next two days, and then returning to you, our loved ones. We will see you all soon.
Yours In HIM,
JohnAndrew, Mary, & Holly posing while shoveling rocks
Ashley at the prayer chair
Sam shoveling rock
Andrew passed out
Holly, Amanda, Josh, & Melody at one of the many Mexican restaurants
Carrrie & Bonnie
Nora shoveling dirt (see a trend???)
Amanda sitting on a pile of dirt
Dominic posing while shoveling dirt
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
An update from Mexico!
Again, let me first thank all of you for the prayers that have been lifted up on our behalf – we can certainly sense the power of God’s people’s prayers.
On the Lord’s Day, we began with a worship service in the
Monday finally came and we began on the worksite at the
- Please continue to pray for our team as far as tiredness goes – especially as we have begun the difficult tasks of the worksite. Additionally, a couple of team members have had trouble adapting to the sleeping conditions and have been struggling to get the necessary sleep.
- Continue to pray for health – the 2 that were having concerns brought out in our previous update are doing well. We do, however, have one team member who had a difficult time at the worksite yesterday – getting a bit dehydrated. They are doing better today but pray that they continue to recover and that the rest of us remain healthy.
- We had a great time at the Trotter’s on Sunday and all remained well.
- I truly believe that God was glorified through our interactions at church – we met new people and saw relationships from the past renewed.
- Please continue to pray for safety on the worksite – as we get more and more tired, there is greater risk for injury and dehydration.
Additional Prayer Request:
- Again, as the team gets more tired physically, we grow emotionally drained as well. Therefore we ask that you pray for us as we relate to one another – that we may continue to show the love of Jesus to one another.
Thanks again for everything – In HIS Name,
P.S. It is our desire to post more updates on Thursday.Ray cooking!
Gayle with a baby
Shannon & Beth with Bugambilias
The team at the overlook
Holly & Amanda swinging at the Trotters
Sam cutting fence post
Mary & Kelly at La Enramada